Sunday, November 20, 2005

brrr ...















Well, summer has most definitely given up her fight and winter is beginning to sink its teeth in.

Each morning this week we have risen to find everything covered in a thick layer of frost. The first morning I stepped out of the boat onto the pontoon which had completely iced over. Being a typical Aussie, for the majority, my only experience of snow has been on a day trip to Mt Bulla and so I didn't even think that it might be a good idea for me to hold on to the boat as I stepped out. So, the inevitable happened and my highly practical stiletto heeled boots slipped from under me and I'm not exactly sure how I avoided falling into the icy water. My handbag wasn't so lucky. Needless to say I have been very cautious every morning stepping off the boat, and my parting words to Woz as I close the door behind me are always a frantic, "Don't forget about the ice!"

No comments: