Friday, February 17, 2006

gone to the dogs!

Last night Woz and I had another experience we never thought we'd have. It was the 20th anniversary for the company that Woz works for and in honour of the occasion, his boss shouted the office a night out at 'the dogs'. Something I have to say I had no interest in doing but after Woz's failed attempts to convince his boss that a trip on the Eurostar to Paris for dinner would be better we all headed off last night to the Greyhound racing. We had a huge long table which faced the track and from there we were served a three course meal and as many drinks as we dared to have at any office party. Woz and I decided that since we weren't paying for the night we'd throw a fiver down on a few races, betting a pound at a time - daring I know! We ended up losing most of our bets but on one we made £5.55 which meant that we'd made back our £5 and came out on top. After such reckless risk taking we decided to leave it there. We showed them! Out of the twenty or so of us there we were the only ones who left with more money than what we came with, even if it was only 55p!

No comments: