Wednesday, July 05, 2006

is he really mine?

Yesterday I took Nate out by myself for the first time. It was also the first time we've used his pram and having spent most of the morning getting ready to leave the house for a 2.50 pm appointment I finally locked up, placed him in the pram and started walking to my appointment. I'd only just wheeled the pram through the gate and I caught my reflection in an office window. I can't describe how surreal it felt to be wheeling a pram with a newborn baby, my baby, my son. Having him has been such an emotional rollercoaster, mourning the loss of my independence and the end of a time Woz and I have been able to spend together as a couple, but at the same time loving Nate more than I could imagine and wanting to protect him, and loving seeing Woz become a father. I also didn't think it would be so hard looking after a newborn (aren't they just supposed to sleep all the time?!) and now have an incredible admiration for anyone who has brought up one child let alone any more than that.

No comments: