14 years ago
Saturday, September 02, 2006
a romantic dinner for two
Our night in St.Wolfgang was the night of our anniversary and so after pitching our tent we walked into the historic town which was just too beautiful for words and dripping with culture. We found a beautiful restaurant (we wanted to try them all!) and ordered our meal which was a standard choice of either meat and potatoes or meat and potatoes. Just as it arrived Nate started to fuss and cry inconsolably which of course had everyone's attention. Woz had started to cut up my meal into small pieces so I could use a fork to eat it and hold Nate at the same time when an Austrian lady from another table came over to us and proceeded to chat away to us in German of which I understood ... "Let me take your baby ... you must eat .... I will take the buggy ... he will walk with me .... I insist!" I then uttered one of the few phrases I know in German and said "Thank you very much" and handed Nate over to her. She insisted on keeping him until we had both finished our meals. When she returned with Nate who was happily cooing away and well versed in German I tried to explain to her that because she had looked after him we were able to have a meal together on our anniversary but I'm afraid it was lost in translation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment