I did a last minute shop at the market yesterday for some fruit and vegies. I couldn't bear the thought of standing in a ridiculously long line at the supermarket being subjected to hearing 'Last Christmas' played for the fifth time in one day. Which brings me to a thought - no one seems to play traditional carols here for some reason.
The market was incredibly busy but had so much more atmosphere and you didn't really have to wait to be served. I was navigating Nate's push chair through the crowd and 'pulled in' behind a large burly man pushing an empty trolley. He seemed to be making his way through the swarms of people so I thought it would be a good idea to follow him. I soon discovered why. He was tearing along ramming the ankle of any unsuspecting shoppers ahead of him and as they jumped out of his way he shouted in a huge booming market type voice,
'Alright darlin'? Wwwwwwatch yer feet, if you don't I wont!'
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment