
The more I use this lens the more I discover it will be months or perhaps years before I have mastered it. Even with an image in mind it is very difficult to see it materialised. It will probably be a similar undertaking to learning the violin - no frets to work with but purely an incredibly fine tuned eye (as opposed to ear!) will be required to make music, so to speak. I think I need to become 'at one' with the lens and clearly I am not!
8 comments:
I enjoyed this photo and your thoughts about using the Lensbaby. I have seen a lot of Lensbaby photos, and I think often it does take time to develop an aesthetic around the use of selective focus. I hope you enjoy the journey.
Sincerely,
Sam Pardue
CEO
Lensbabies, LLC
I think you're doing a wonderful job with the new lens!
Em you've seen my handiwork with a camera - let's just say I shouldn't give up my day job. Although I do have some nice photos of Tara. Perhaps I should try lensbaby with her!
I think it is a beautiful photo. I think it captures the innocence and wonder of a young child's view of the world. If that's a beginner shot on your part, I know that there are going to be many amazing photos to come.
Em, this photo is awesome. I love it. It isn't just beautiful, it has emotion.
Well done.
Vic
xxx
I can't believe you got a comment from the CEO! Not bad Em...
I think the photo is beautiful (as are all of your photos) - you'll be a pro with this lens in no time.
Look at that little man! what a cutie :)
From Jenny Orange
xox
Wow! Thanks for all the comments guys! Still playing with my lens. Have worked out though it is much easier to practise on a less animated object than my wriggly little boy! Might stick to flowers for a while!
CEO!! Um.. Practically famous!!!!
Post a Comment