Today we had another incredibly productive day working on the boat. The warm sun and gentle breeze over the last four days has allowed us to paint coat after coat on various parts of the boat so we've now painted some panels that were yet to be painted and 'cut-in' the entire boat ready for it to be painted another weekend.
On top of that Woz has finished building a new bookcase (I foresee having to say 'No' to Nate repeatedly as he tries to pull the books from the shelves but then kids need to learn boundaries right? and we need somewhere for our books!), boxed in a very ugly steel supportive wall and installed two new powerpoints! I'm effectively the lunch-lady these days as I'm limited in my capacity to help out while Nate is awake and as he only slept for 45 minutes today my input was minimal to say the least.
14 years ago
2 comments:
With years of housebuilding/home improvement experience behind us, I know exactly what you mean by the lunch lady - child supervising role. You just have to remind yourself that your efforts help Woz to do as much as he does or as someone once put it - behind every good man there is a good woman.
I totally agree with your sentiment - since we moved in here Daniel has spent days tackling the garden while I look after Liv. I said to him yesterday that he gets to stand back from his jobs with a sense of completion while I spend my days washing, cooking and cleaning and the next day start the same jobs over again! And at this age the kids need constant supervision which doesn't allow much time for anything...
Post a Comment