Friday, May 04, 2007

make a house a home

Filling, done. Sanding, done. Fiddly bits and pieces that have annoyed us for years, done.

Tonight when Woz gets home from work we're painting the boat with one final coat and by Saturday after a good clean up the interior of the boat should be transformed. We've finally had some photos printed and will have them hanging on our walls, bought new throw cushions and now have a small but very welcome bookcase to house our books. All the finishing touches the boat has needed for so long to make it feel like a home.

What on earth are we going to do with ourselves this time next week?

2 comments:

Bruce and Linda said...

We are looking forward to seeing some photos posted on the blog.

E.Clare said...

We are now your number 1 fans! I don't know anyone who has ever sat back and said 'finished'. What a feeling!

We have just begun the journey and I can't imagine a day off without a planned DIY something...

You should feel very proud. And I second the call for photos.