Saturday, August 11, 2007

oh i do like to be beside the seaside ...

The days have been beautifully warm now for a few weeks and today was no exception. I'm not sure exactly how warm it ended up but with a forecast of 26 degrees Woz and I decided to take the train down to Brighton beach.

We had a fantastic day and Nate absolutely loved it. We spent the morning on the pebbled beach chilling out and dipping in the waves then after lunch Nate fell asleep in his buggy so Woz and I were able to wander through the narrow lanes that lead to all sorts of nooks and crannies in the town centre. There was no end of knick knacky shops which I loved browsing through and always do but never actually buy anything as doing so would be slightly incongruent to our minimalistic home. We did however visit a Lego store complete with incredibly detailed displays whereby I squealed with delight on a number of occasions (there was even a model of the Louvre with a painting of the Mona Lisa who had yellow Lego face, enigmatic smile and crossed Lego hands). I later remarked it was a good thing that every time we'd visited Denmark in the past, Legoland was closed as my excitement could possibly have been a little too much for Woz to bear and would almost certainly have resulted me being kicked out.

The beach was absolutely packed with sun revellers and few swimmers, and so walking along the incredibly busy boulevard with a buggy and not hitting people was no easy feat. On one occasion a lady who jumped out of our way, then in turn tripped over her own child. Her husband, seeing his daughter fall shouted at his wife, 'Oh carm on Simone!' That's an Aussie accent we thought. A familiar one too. We looked up and saw it was Shane Warne shouting to his wife/ex-wife. Well, we're not really sure of their current relationship but they may be on shaky ground after that little incident. (Now I really hope someone doesn't accidentally Google search this entry and turn what was intended as a funny little anecdote for family and friends into full scale ammunition for reporters everywhere to announce their imminent re-separation).

Anyway, all in all, a great day was had, although our soft Aussie feet are a little worse for wear having trodden on pebbles all day. That might sound a bit weak, but it was incredibly painful! Sand anyone?

Videos to follow, tried to upload them tonight but 'computer says no ...'

1 comment:

Bruce and Linda said...

A lady had to jump out of your way? How fast do you drive that buggy? In Australia we call them strollers for obvious reasons.I thought that having children was meant to slow you down a tad or is Woz preparing Nate to follow in his father's go kart racing steps?