Monday, September 24, 2007

churchill island

For the first time in all the years I've grown up taking holidays at Phillip Island, this time we spent a few days on Churchill island. Woz and I rode the 15km there on our bikes in preparation for the Slog to Sale where we met up at the Farmers Market with a group of us that were staying down there. I wasn't really that interested in going along when I heard that it was a produce market as I pictured stalls of fruit and vegies and little else, but it was actually a gourmet market with beautiful little stalls scattered along the hill which looked out over the sea.

We returned the following week to have lunch at the cafe on the hill for Claire's birthday. Once again, there was a large group of us staying down at the Island and it was great to catch up with everyone there. My friend Terri drove down to see me for the second time which was lovely and she joined us for lunch and then a walk around the island afterwards.

No comments: