Sunday, November 18, 2007

hi ho hi ho

Another Saturday spent working on the boat. Mostly clearing up and finishing off minor things. It was incredibly satisfying to finally cut up all the leftover bits of wood we've had lying around on our roof and on the pontoon, just in case. Now, with all the projects finished, everything left can be either discarded or cut up for firewood, which couldn't come at a better time as it's been freezing here lately.

Also cut up was our bathroom floor, which we loved, but unfortunately was the only design flaw in the renovation. We've replaced the floor with a combination of rubber and wooden decking. (Photos to follow). We're yet to test it as we are waiting on a part we've ordered for the shower but fingers crossed this will be the solution.

3 comments:

benny said...

wait a minute... you didn't cut that with a handsaw!

woz + em said...

Actually we did!

I'd like to say I did but mine was merely a token effort I'm afraid. I started cutting it up while Nate was asleep but he only slept for an hour so I had to stop. Woz then took over when he finished painting and managed to cut through the boards at almost a single stroke whereas I had been labouring over each piece. Sigh ...

benny said...

Oh... no, that's not what I actually meant at all. I was saying that in this day and age, no-one would waste their valuable calories using manual tools. That's what power saws are for.
But I was obviously wrong.
That's an impressive effort, I must say.