Sunday, November 11, 2007

time keeps on slippin'

Time seems to be flying by. Only six weeks til Christmas ... geez!

Woz and I have both been really busy over the last month or so, spending all our free time working on finishing up all the loose ends with the boat. Woz has done an incredible job so far and comes home most nights to then spend hours working outside in the cold. Thankfully it has barely rained lately so he has had a good run and he's slowly ticking things off his list. Winter is closing in however and with the evenings starting at around 4.30 pm working on the boat on weeknights is becoming more and more difficult. When I can I've been painting during the day while Nate sleeps. It's a snails pace compared to what I used to be able to do but it's something at least.

When Woz isn't working on the boat he's working extra hours in his job. This week he has worked 7 days, 8 of those hours being from 8pm last night after Nate went to bed to 4am this morning. Unfortunately, the architect contracted to the station which Woz project manages pulled out some months ago leaving Woz (who lucky for his organisation happens to be an architect) picking up the slack. The upside is he's being paid for the hours and can work from home so we're not complaining.

My life has picked up a new pace as of last week. After 18 months I have finally returned to my old job to work part-time, two days a week. I am loving the new mix of home and work and although it took me a lot longer to get back to it than most, it was perfect timing for me and for Nate too I think. Woz has been incredibly supportive in letting me decide if I want to return to work or not, when and for how long.

All in all we're loving life and all it has to offer.

No comments: