Wednesday, December 12, 2007

mid morning frost

This week we've had chilly days of around 5 or 6 degrees, and brilliant blue skies which has made it feel about 2 degrees. Every morning we've had a layer of frost and have had to take extra care not to slip getting out of the boat, especially on the early mornings when I leave for work in the dark and the frost isn't visible.

This morning, when I ventured out at 9.30 to take Nate to playgroup the ground was still laden with frost and it appeared as if it had snowed. All the roofs on the boats were covered and glistening sparkly white.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Fingers crossed for snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing photo. I know it is a reflection but my brain can't quite get around the bend in the pontoon as the reflection seems to start at both the top and the bottom of the photo.