Wednesday, January 30, 2008

conversations on a wednesday afternoon

Woz: "Hey, where are you?"

Em: "I've just picked Nate up from Linda's and I'm on the bus coming home, why?"

Woz: "Because I just wanted to let you know that I'm at St Pancras lock"

Em: "Ok cool ..... why are you there?"

Woz: "It's a beautiful day. I wanted to take the boat out to make sure everything was running ok after the weekend. It's fine."

Em: (a little confused) "Ok great .... so where are you now?"

Woz: "At St Pancras Lock. I should be home by the time you get there"

Em: "Right, (starting to dawn on me) and where's the boat?"

Woz: "At St Pancras Lock"

Em: "Uggh! Well it better be back when I get home because I'm tired and cold and I just want to go home and if you have my home then I can't go there can I?"

Woz: "Don't worry, I'll definitely be home by the time you get there"

Em: (with desperation) "Please, please, please be there when I get there!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or is it a bizarre concept that someone can just take my house away while I'm not looking?

4 comments:

Andrew and Vicki said...

It actually would be really amusing to see Andrew TRY to take our house to St Pancras Lock...

Anonymous said...

So Woz rang you from home, except that home wasn't really at home at that point of time - yes, that is funny and a little bit crazy too, but then you are married to Woz so what did you expect?
ps. and that's the way we like you too Woz

Matt said...

So Em, you could say that while Nate and yourself were out of the house Woz had the locks changed?

woz + em said...

It's sad but I had to read that about five times before I got it!