Wednesday, February 20, 2008

there were three in the bed

Well it's official, after three years we now have cabin fever. They said it would happen, and actually we didn't think it would take this long, but three years down the track, with the end in sight, the boat all of a sudden seems to have gotten smaller. Nate's toys seem to be bursting out of his toy basket, our clothes out of our wardrobe and even the kitchen cupboards seem to have shrunk.

Only we still don't know where we're going next ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im really not sure how u have survived this long on a small boat with a toddler as not only is it dangerous, as what toddler has water sense???let alone how boring would it be for the little tacker...my 1.5yr old goes mad if in our small flat let alone if she was in a narrow boat.& as for your voting,to live on a bigger boat???

woz + em said...

Thanks for your concerns but I can assure you that Nate is never left alone for a minute, in or outside the boat so he doesn't get a chance to taste the danger. We've been taking him swimming since he was three months old and we never spend a full day with him at home on the boat, always taking him out to local parks, playgroups or the libary to stretch his legs rain hail or shine. He gets a tremendous amount of joy at seeing the terapin, ducks and geese swim past his window and boats go by. We think he has a pretty amazing life.

Andrew and Vicki said...

In fact, he gets out and about more than we do with our one year old... (much to our shame!) When you've got a bigger place it's easier to stay in, but not necessarily better!

Bruce and Linda said...

Living in any home carries the possibility of accidents. The fact that Nate lives on a boat probably makes him safer than a lot of children in that he is always fully supervised. I don't think he could even get into mischief without being noticed. Just as well given his budding artistic talents!
As for being bored - there's not a chance of that! He leads an amazingly full life, more so than most children of his age from my observation. You have given him some amazing opportunities to explore his world.

E.Clare said...

I notice 'in a shoe' was also listed, Woz and Em I am shocked you would put Nate into such danger! Imagine the poor boy ravaged by tinea and stinking like old socks.

This world, by its very nature, is not toddler safe. The job of a caring and competent parent is to keep their precious charge as safe as they can - but to say denying Nate of this awesome experience would be somehow better for him is ludicrous.

This blog has never shown anything other than what inspiring parents Woz and Em are - and how blessed Nate is to have them.

clairzy said...

...and then there's the old routemaster bus idea! Why is no-one raising this issue!?? EVEN MORE DANGER PEOPLE!!! No doubt the little fella will be behind the wheel in no time and I bet he HASN'T EVEN been taught basic road rules yet! Terrible... simply terrible... Em & Woz, think about it - "anonymous" will be so disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Definitely a little cottage in the countryside!!! I can see it now... just like on "The Good Life" Woz going out to work each day while Em grows the vegies and Nate riding his bike with his mates. Hope it goes well for you guys. Love Coby P.

woz + em said...

Wow, thank you so much for your comments everyone.
x

benny said...

With eight comments to its name, how could I not look at this post? So I though I should throw in my two bob's worth. I hope you realise that I will be bitterly dissapointed this December if you do not pick me up from the airport in your new routemaster bus-home!

woz + em said...

Double figures!

Let's go for eleven, come on people, we can do it!