A very strange thing has transpired since selling our boat. When we lived on the boat we were so house proud. We were constantly making sure it was presentable, neat and tidy and able to slot right into an interior design magazine should they come knocking. When we moved into the loft we assumed that this trait would follow and so with four days off at Easter Woz and I expected to be working dawn til dusk, transforming the loft into a home and something we could be proud of.
We're still looking to buy a flat in this area but with crazy prices which don't seem to be affected by what is apparently a falling market we've not been able to find something we think will not only be a home for us but also an investment.
It's essentially a studio flat, large living area downstairs and two mezzanine areas above, one (pictured) we use as the bedroom and the other which is above the kitchen and bathroom, we use for storage.
9 comments:
Well I think it looks really cool
Thanks Vic, look forward to having you guys over when you're next in town. Lots of room for the boys to run around ... Elliott and Nate would love it too!
x
It looks rather good from the photos although I can see the potential for some of your wonderful photos to add a Woz and Em touch here and there. Don't worry about the kitchen walls, we hear that Nate is into decorating And the space - you must love having the extra living space.
It's VERY strange for me to try and imagine you all living with space. I think it might take me a while (and a few trips to London) to adjust to 'the loft years'. I'm feeling disoriented and a little barge-sick.
However, it looks fantastic. xxx
If that's all it takes to get you over here Clairzy then we'll just have to move every year. Oh yes, I see 'the castle years', 'the manor years', 'the tower years'...
Yes, there will be much drinking of tea and hilarity to be had.
I think it your lack of motivation might be a sysmtom of "post traumatic shifting disorder". Even when it is just what you want to do it is exhausting!!!! Anyhow....the loft looks amazing and I'm with Claire I think another visit is clearly essential. Thanks for the pictures. xx
Looks great! Wow, I think you guys possibly have even more space than we do! Or maybe we've just filled ours with 'stuff'... I think one day we'll have to have a house with one room just for a 'library' - I can't stop Tim from buying more and more books!
Yes, we have a distinct lack of 'stuff' which comes from living in a country other than your own ... that and a minimalist husband. The photos are a bit deceiving though, the second mezzanine is jam packed with 'stuff'.
I think Tim buying books is his own special way of bringing a dream to reality. I remember a library being in the plans we used to draw up of our homes when we grew up ... and the conservatory and a billiard room, and the nanny's quarters. Yep, we all better start saving.
Wow! what a smashing gaf! So when is the moving in party for your fellow metronet pals?
Post a Comment