Things are definitely moving along in leaps and bounds now. We've finally had some information on why our visas have taken so long. It seems that everything has to be translated into Arabic. We knew that our passports needed to be done but also all the documents we sent over to the States have needed to be translated too. So, now that they have finally been translated and forwarded to the Libyan Embassy, the visas could be coming any day - so they say.
Woz now has only two more weeks of work, finishing up on the 15th of August, although he has an agreement with them to stay on as long as he wants after that date should our plans to move be delayed any further. We're not sure they will be though as the new company have already given Woz a start date of the 16th of August, in order to send him a laptop from the States. There are a significant amount of things that would need to happen to get us there by then ... visas approved, flights booked, us packed and moved out of the flat ... needless to say we don't think that date will actually come to fruition but wouldn't be surprised if we were there by late August.
We've started boxing up our bits and pieces, which is a much more challenging feat than simply moving home as we have had to pack all our goods in specifically sized boxes and also comply with the weight restrictions. This has led to packing and repacking of boxes in order to squeeze as much as we can into each box. The challenges of packing are also intensified with Nate around. This morning I started boxing up some of Nate's toys while I distracted him with a DVD. Unfortunately he overhead me and came over to join me. With each toy I put in the box, another was pulled out tearfully, by little hands!
14 years ago
1 comment:
I can totally sympathise and empathise - I had to single handedly pack with Elliott in tow when we moved to the new house and it was one of the most extraordinarily frustrating experiences. I'm sure it would have only taken 3 days without him; with him it took 7 and we were still grabbing things on moving day!
Post a Comment