Normally I wouldn't have to remind myself of where I was or what tomorrow held, but last night as Woz and I hauled Nate and a few of our possessions into the car I found myself in a numb, sort of comatose state. Gone was the long list of jobs-to-do, which for the last few weeks had been perpetually running around in my head, playing havoc with my sanity. Driving away from London I felt almost as if I'd gone into shock, aware not of the triumph of finally getting out of our flat and into a car towards what could be an incredible holiday, but instead of being hungry, or tired, and not much else. Woz and I were completely exhausted, and so grateful for Chris who was in the driving seat, taking us safely to Norfolk where peace and calm pervades.
Tomorrow morning we will pass through London and head towards Dover to catch the ferry across to France. From there, we still have no idea, but we hope to head in the general direction of Austria. It really is liberating to have no set plan at all. Bring it on I say!
14 years ago
1 comment:
Hope you have a wonderful, egg-free holiday and look forward to seeing you sometime in the (not too distant?) future before you head off to your next adventure...
Post a Comment