Friday, August 29, 2008

return to st wolfgang

Our favourite place by far on our last trip to Austria (with the exception of das park hotel of course!) was St. Wolfgang which is just an hour out of Salzburg. We spent a beautiful sunny afternoon there this week where we hired a paddle boat and had a picnic afloat and a quick dip in the lake. We had a great afternoon rediscovering all the little nooks and crannies of this gorgeous village and discovered some new ones as well. Definitely our favourite holiday destination and one we're sure to return to again and again - perhaps next time in Winter.

3 comments:

bruce and linda said...

It looks as though Nate has begun training for the Olympics already. Now that he has the victory salute worked out, he just has a little bit of work to do on fine tuning his performance.

bruce and linda said...

It lokks like a beautiful place for a rendezvous - I think we would prefer the summer option though.

Anonymous said...

I remember when we visited St Wolfgang....pouring with rain & shrouded in mist. Looking at your photos it's like "so THATS where I left those mountains! I knew they were around here somewhere"