Monday, September 22, 2008

the final countdown

Two more days. Just two more days in London and our life will change as it never has before.

Today we're saying goodbye to more friends, making phone calls, re-packing our bags, doing some last minute washing and all the things necessary when you pack up your life and move it somewhere else. There's a sadness but also an incredible excitement of the unknown.

I have made contact with a friend of a friend who is living in Libya, with her husband and two year old son. She has been tremendously supportive through emails and phone calls in the lead up to our move, despite the fact we've never met, and has offered to have us over to her house on the first weekend after we arrive. I'm not sure if she will ever know how grateful we are.

Oh yeah, and according to the BBC, the weather on Wednesday in Tripoli will be 30 degrees! Not sure I can wait!

No comments: