Given our last choice of home it might strike you as a little odd to learn that I have a genuine fear of being on water at night. For this reason I will never go on a cruise regardless of the on deck swimming pools and open buffet. I did however, in a moment of weakness, agree to take the ferry across the Adriatic Sea from Split in Croatia to Ancona, Italy. An overnight trip, leaving Split at 9pm and getting in the following morning at 7am.So, now I write to you, with the coast of Croatia long since vanished in the night, as I sit in our 2 berth cabin, deep in the belly of the ship. I am trying to think of everything but this fact so as not to let my imagination get the better of me but I'm afraid I have watched 'Titanic' too many times and I am fighting a losing battle.
No comments:
Post a Comment