Friday, September 05, 2008

promise not to look

Claire and I have been fortunate enough to travel together on a number of occasions; to Sardinia, Venice, Paris and of course hanging out in London on more than one occasion. Good times.

A little while ago whilst chatting with Claire I made a flippant remark that we would have to continue travelling together until we were old and grey. From that suggestion a plan was hatched and we made a pact to visit Croatia together - a destination we'd both long since dreamt of visiting.

I picture Claire now, reading this entry from her work computer, with plans of a student life for the years ahead and the poverty that so often comes with it. As each day passes I imagine her reading each new post on our blog with growing dismay, the travel bug in her niggling away without hope of being fed, for the moment anyway.

To add salt to the wound, we have made plans for our return to London ... via Croatia. Looking at the map it seems the logical way to travel rather than back track along highways already traversed.

So a new destination for Claire and I must be found, one suitably exotic to speed up the forgiveness process that Claire will undoubtedly be undertaking. Suggestions anyone?

3 comments:

woz + em said...

I've thought of one! Iceland Clairzy?

clairzy said...

Are you crazy!! Could you think of a country with a colder sounding name??! On second thoughts, maybe I'll do some research and google 'Iceland' before I dismiss it completely. What's in a name anyway?? I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities of our new destination. No need to decide straight away.. and maybe now that you have done a little 'ground research' in Croatia we can stop there on the way to our new promised land and you could show me around. The world is our Oyster Parkes... let us dream away....

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion! One of my favourite places in Croatia is the little town of Rovinj (near the Italian border, not far from Trieste). Gorgeous place!! Split, Korcula and Dubrovnik are also gorgeous, but a bit out of your way on this trip perhaps? Enjoy! Kaz xx p.s I'm loving reading of your travels!