Friday, September 05, 2008

i still haven't found what i'm looking for

Piran. Technically Slovenia but crammed so tightly on the coastline in between Italy and Croatia that it's hard to know which country you're in.

We arrived in the evening and found a town buzzing with excitement. It was a beautifully warm night and as we approached the main square on foot we heard a lone guitarist, deep in song with a crowd stopping number, 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for' by U2. He had everyone in the surrounding restaurants and square watching him earnestly, with most singing on. Back in the day Karen and I used to sing that song together and I noticed that the guitarist, although clearly talented, was distinctly lacking in some solid harmonies. If only you were there Kaz and we could have backed him up with some killers.

Woz and I got some takeaway calzone and sat out the square while Nate ran madly around the square with the other children around. A beautiful night we wont forget.

No comments: